XactII Compact Microarrayer View Slide Show
Full-featured microarray system meets mid-range
throughput requirements for printing microarrays of various soluble molecules on
glass, plastic, membrane substrates and into wells of microplates. The system
applications range from personal use to mass microarray production.
Part Number 001A - XactII Glass Slide Configuration
Part Number 011A - XactII Microplate Configuration
- Compact and portable
- Features all options available in the high-end
systems humidification, throughput, precision.
- Ideal for grouped production arrayer use, fast
- Shipped calibrated.
Zero heat emission in the operational area
Smart distributed control electronics
- Operates with proprietary composite printing pins
- Includes microarray design software
Integrated with microarray image processing and data analysis tools
- Capable of printing arrays on the bottoms of
- Prints up to 25x25 spot arrays on bottom of standard 96-well plates with
>Xtend metal-ceramic printing pins.
- Printing Method: Contact printing. Proprietary head and printing pins
are available. The system can accommodate heads from other vendors.
- Number of printing needles: 1-16 in various patterns with the standard LabNEXT printing head. The control software can work with any printing pattern in case of using printing heads of other vendors.
- Needles spacing: 4.5 mm, 9 mm for 384 and 96 well plates correspondingly.
- Slides capacity: 14 slides. Any number of them can be used for pre-spotting.
- Source plates capacity: 1 plate.
- Source plates formats compatibility: 96, 384, 1536 plates
- Slide locks: independent. The system can accommodate from 1 to 14 slides in any positions.
- Needles cleaning technology: fluid stream washing, vacuum drying.
- Print layouts: up to 3 identical microarrays at a slide. Pick-up and spotting repetitions.
- Throughput: 40 sec per print cycle (Print cycle: Wash, Dry, Pick-up, Pre-spot, Deposit at 13 slides). 384 well plate can be printed in 7-8 min with 16 needles
- Environmental Control: on-board
>electronic humidifier (optional item). Maintains
relative humidity inside the system cabinet in the range of 40-80% with 2%
- Accessible operating area: L 295mm, W 170mm, H 70mm
- Resolution: X, Y - 0.002 mm, Z - 0.005 mm (spacing between two nearest possible spots)
- Absolute accuracy: X, Y - 0.05 mm, Z - 0.01 mm. (accuracy of positioning the most remote from the origin spots within the work area)
- Repeatability within the same run: X, Y - 0.006 mm, Z - 0.01 mm (accuracy of returning to the same spot without run interruption.)
- Repeatability after run interruption: X, Y - 0.01 mm, Z - 0.01 mm (accuracy of returning to the same spot after the system has been stopped and re-initialized)
- Dimensions: W18" X D14" X H9" (457mm X 355mm X 229mm)
- Power supply: 110V-220V AC
- Lab facilities: Vacuum. Portable vacuum pump can be used.
- Computer interface: USB
- Computer requirements: Windows 2000/XP, USB port.
is easy to compose plate annotation with the plate image rendered on the
computer screen. For plates filled by a liquid handling equipment plate
annotation file can be imported into the LabNEXT software. Annotated plates
stored in the system repository and can be used for different microarrays.
source plates repository
plates stored in the system repository and can be used for different
The system allow preview of the microarray
layout. At the design stage it is possible to define printing pattern, spot
repetitions and pickup sequence and other important parameters of the microarray. The software offers manual and automated
methods of microarray design. In the automated mode the most rational use of
microarray surface prompted. Once created the microarray design can be saved in
the computer repository and used for other printing jobs.
microarray and prespotting substrates placement
Example of spot quality (protein, colorimetric on zetagrip)
Single well from microtiter plate
The XactII microarray robot comes complete and works well for DNA and proteins. Please send your specific questions about this product to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by telephone(949) 246-0339
Schedule a demonstration at our Irvine lab
Post your comments on this product.
View other peoples comments on this product
Please fill out this short form if you would like to be contacted to schedule a demonstration of the XactII . We are located next to the John Wayne Airport and are able to pick you up/drop you off, if you plan a short visit to Irvine.